Berry Baked Oatmeal – Recipe and Video
My gluten free fruit-filled baked oatmeal is homey, simple, and delicious. Sure to please a crowd and full of healthy goodies like berries and oats. Tastes great warm or cold, top with a dollop of yogurt or, for something a bit more indulgent, try creme fraiche or cream. For a seasonal twist, change up the fruit – how about apples and pears in the Fall?
Berry Baked Oatmeal
Yield: 8 servings
½ cup walnuts, chopped (toasted: optional)
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
14 ounces milk (can substitute non-dairy milk)
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag frozen mixed berries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix walnuts, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. In separate bowl, combine milk, syrup, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Whisk to combine well.
4. Combine wet ingredients into dry and mix. Add berries and blend gently. Pour entire mixture into a greased 9-inch baking dish.
5. Bake for ~45 minutes until golden brown. Serve as is or with yogurt.