Just in time for Memorial Day, this week’s recipe round-up winner is the Buffalo Turkey Burger with Blue Cheese Yogurt. Turkey is a great source of Vitamin B3 (niacin), which supports cell growth and helps regulate metabolism. Serve this burger with the blue cheese yogurt sauce and add some vegetable sides – you’ll have high quality lean protein, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. Enjoy!
Buffalo Turkey Burgers and Blue Cheese Yogurt
• 1 pound ground turkey (I prefer thigh meat for this recipe)
• 1/4 cup hot sauce (your favorite Buffalo or wing sauce)
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
• 1 teaspoon chives, minced
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Blue Cheese Yogurt
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 Tablespoon mayo
• 1 Tablespoon hot sauce
• 1 Tablespoon chives
• 2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1. Combine burger ingredients in large bowl and combine everything with your hands. Form mixture into 6 patties.
2. Prep your grill or grill pan to cook the burgers. Cook over medium high heat ~4-5 minutes per side until cooked through.
3. Combine all of the ingredients for the buffalo blue cheese yogurt and whisk together until smooth.
4. Serve the burgers with blue cheese yogurt sauce and other garnish you like (tomatoes, onions, lettuce, avocado, etc.).