Pomegranate Chocolate Bark: Recipe and Video
Bloom Fresh pomegranate seeds are a great addition to, well, everything. This simple, elegant dessert makes a statement as a beautiful homemade holiday gift or the perfect finish to a meal. Pomegranate seeds twinkle like rubies and the sweet/salty combination pops in every bite.
Pomegranate Chocolate Bark
Yield: 8-10 servings
• 9 ounces chocolate of choice, broken into 1-inch pieces
o bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao), or
o milk chocolate, or
o white chocolate
• 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
• 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger (optional)
• ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
Note: Makes a delicious and beautiful homemade gift!
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Microwave: Place chocolate in a bowl and microwave on high for 1 minutes. Stir until smooth and melted, heating in additional 10-second increments if necessary.
3. Stove: Place one inch of water into a wide saute pan and place on stove. Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it directly in the water. Bring the water to a simmer then turn off the burner and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds, ginger, and salt into the chocolate.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet and spread out to a rectangle. Spread remaining 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds over the top, pressing gently into the chocolate. Optional: sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of coarser sea salt on top. Place baking sheet into the refrigerator and chill for at least 60 minutes.
6. Break the bark carefully into chunks.