Pumpkin Turkey Chili – Recipe and Video
Try my Pumpkin Chili, perfect when you’re cleaning out your pantry on a snowy day or just looking for something hearty, delicious, and nutritious!
Makes about 5-6 servings
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 3 onions, chopped
• 8 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 pound ground turkey
• 28oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
• 2 cups pumpkin puree
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 can pinto beans (optional – keep out for paleo)
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 4 teaspoons dried oregano
• 2 teaspoons chili spice
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. In a large pot saute the onions and garlic in canola oil for about five minutes.
2. Add the ground turkey and break it up with a spatula as it cooks for about five minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
4. Simmer without a lid for about 15 minutes.
5. Add more chicken broth to thin slightly if desired.