Recipe Video: Rainbow Bean Salad
Eating a rainbow of colors is a great way to ensure you’re getting a variety of nutrients and can be fun for the whole family! This bean salad tastes great and has a ton of color and crunch. Perfect for lunchboxes or a light dinner.
Peppers are chock full of vitamins C and A, as well as potassium. They also contain vitamin K and lycopene, a member of the carotenoid family. Beans are an excellent source of magnesium, which supports the maintenance of normal muscle and nerve function. This is important to help support the daily physical activity needed for kids as they grow.
Rainbow Bean Salad
Yield: 8-10 servings
• 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
• 15-ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 15-ounce can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 4 bell peppers, a mix of colors, diced
• ½ cup red onion, diced
• ½ cup white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/3 cup Canola oil
1. Mix beans, peppers, and onion in a large bowl
2. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over bean mixture, toss well, and serve.