This month’s Recipe Redux challenge is to create a Sheet Pan Meal. I love combining vegetables and protein on a sheet pan with a variety of marinades, herbs, and spices. Sheet Pan Meals are a wonderfully efficient and helpful way to get dinner on the table with less dishes and minimal time in the kitchen. It’s particularly great on weekdays when we may be juggling work, family, friends, and any number of other things.
My Cod with Rosemary and Sage Potatoes is quick, simple, nutritious, and delicious. Simply pair it with a green vegetables, like steamed or roasted green beans or asparagus, and voila! Dinner is served.
Sheet Pan Cod with Rosemary & Sage Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
1.5 pound potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces (any potatoes you like will work, although I prefer sweet, purple, or red skin)
6 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
ground black pepper
4 cod filets, each ~6 ounces
spritz of lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Toss potatoes with garlic, oil, rosemary, sage, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes.
3. Rub cod with pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Remove baking sheet from the oven, move potatoes to make room for the cod, and place fish on the baking sheet next to the vegetables. Return to oven and cook another 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and spritz lemon juice on fish.