This month’s Recipe Redux challenge is to “Beat the Heat with the Slow Cooker/Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker” – some of my favorite summertime cooking methods! I used my Instant Pot to create this Vegetable Curry – a delicious, easy meal to make midweek. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, diced
2 red peppers, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced or grated
2 tablespoons ginger, minced or grated
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 cups vegetable stock
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 can coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch black pepper
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
2 cups baby spinach
Directions: Version One: Slow Cooker
1. Place all ingredients except cilantro into a slow cooker and cook on high 2-3 hours.
2. Stir in cilantro and spinach, season with additional salt/pepper and squeeze of lemon or lime if needed. Goes well over any whole grain, such as brown rice and quinoa.
Directions: Version Two: Instant Pot
1. Heat up Instant Pot using saute button, add olive oil, onions, and red peppers. Saute ~3-4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and saute 30 seconds. Add curry powder and tomato paste and saute, stirring constantly, ~1 minute.
2. Add vegetable stock, cauliflower, coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Mix together then switch to slow cooker mode and cook on high 2-3 hours.
3. Stir in cilantro and spinach, season with additional salt/pepper and squeeze of lemon or lime if needed. Goes well over any whole grain, such as brown rice and quinoa.