I love blueberries, but have recently been using frozen Wild Blueberries as my “go to blueberry” of choice. They are super flavorful and have twice the antioxidant capacity of cultivated blueberries. These potent little berries are individually quick-frozen (IQF) at harvest, locking in their nutrition and taste. You can find Wild Blueberries in the frozen fruit section of your local grocery store; just make sure the package says “Wild.”
Take a look at my Wild Blueberry Winter Warming Smoothie below. It contains warming spices to add a bit of “cozy” to your smoothie during the winter season. Enjoy!
Wild Blueberry Winter Warming Smoothie
Yield: 1 Serving
• ½ cup frozen Wild Blueberries
• ¾ cup plain kefir or yogurt
• ½ cup baby spinach
• ½ cup cucumber, chopped
• ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• Optional: dash of vanilla extract
• Place all ingredients in blender or vitamix and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.