Whipped up these Zucchini Muffins using Icelandic Provisions Skyr. Delicious and nutritious! The Skyr gives them an extra protein boost while the zucchini provides an excellent source of Vitamin C. The cinnamon and nutmeg are warming spices as we head into chillier weather.
#zucchinimuffins #whatadietitianeats #whatadietitancooks #culinarynutritioncuisine #icelandicprovisions #skyr #holidaybaking #healthysnacks
Yield: 12 muffins
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• ¼ cup honey
• ¼ cup maple sugar
• 1 large egg
• ½ cup plain yogurt
• 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 cup zucchini, grated
optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin tin or use paper liners.
2. Whisk the oil, honey, sugar, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula, fold in zucchini gently. Optional: fold in chocolate chips.
5. Pour into muffin tin and bake approximately 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.