Apple Cider Oatmeal: Recipe and Video
February 18, 2018 7:35 pm
This oatmeal is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your family’s breakfast table. A delicious, easy, and nutritious start to your family’s day!
Apple Cider Oatmeal
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- ¼ cup Quinoa
- ¼ cup Rolled oats Nature’s Path Organic canister
- 1 T Flax
- 1 T Chia
- 1 Apple diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ cups Apple cider
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 cup multi graincereal Nature’s Path Organic canister
- 2/3 cup Dried fruit anything you like
- 2/3 cup Nuts toasted (anything you like)
Place quinoa, rolled oats, flax, chia, apple, cinnamon in pot with cider and water. Bring to boil then lower to simmer.
~5 minutes later, add multigrain cereal, cover and simmer on low ~10 minutes until most of liquid is absorbed.
Turn off heat, add dried fruit, cover, and sit for a few minutes.
Add toasted nuts when eating (can mix these in with dried fruit in step 3 if preferred).