Bean Dip: Recipe and Video
How about a bean dip for your next snack? Any beans will work, a great source of plant-based protein and the kids will love dipping veggies, apple slices, or pita chips! My versions in the above video include beets for some fun pink pop of color and antioxidants.
- 1 can 15 ounces low salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- Optional variation: add a roasted bell pepper for flavor and color
- Optional garnish: toasted cumin seeds chopped chile, chopped herbs
Combine chickpeas, water, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a food processor or vitamix. Blend until smooth, stopping periodically to scrape the sides of the bowl.
Whisk tahini and olive oil in a bowl and slowly add this to the rest of the mixture with the processor running.
Serve with crudité and pita chips.