Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
This Cherry Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta Cheese is the perfect appetizer for a summertime get-together. The flavors are so fresh and it’s easy to pull together in a pinch!
Vegetarian of Vegan?
If you keep the ricotta cheese separate, this is a great vegan option. Place the ricotta in a separate bowl so that it is an easy option for those who want to add a dollop of the creamy, delicious cheese to the top of the Cherry Tomato Bruschetta. An amazing appetizer or side dish with or without the cheese!
Cherry tomato bruschetta
- 8 ounces assorted cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs chopped (whatever you like – basil, parsley, tarragon, dill, etc)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 thick slices fresh baked bread toasted (whatever you like - sourdough, whole wheat, etc)
- Optional: dollop of ricotta cheese
Place tomatoes, herbs, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix gently.
Spoon one quarter of the mixture onto each slice of toast. Optional: dollop a tablespoon of ricotta cheese onto each bruschetta.