Learn how to make delicious corn fritters with this easy recipe. Feel free to use fresh or frozen corn and add some herbs & vegetables such as scallions and bell peppers for more texture.
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 scallions white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper diced small
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 cup cheddar shredded
- 4 ears of corn or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Optional: plain yogurt or sour cream
Mix eggs, scallions, pepper, parsley, chives, and cheddar in a bowl. Cut corn off ears and add to bowl. Add in flour, salt, and pepper and mix well into a batter.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil spray. Scoop ¼ cup of batter and drop on pan, flatten gently with spatula. Repeat being careful not to overcrowd pan. Cook until brown, approximately 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook other side for 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to plate and finish until batter is gone. Add more olive oil spray as necessary.
Optional: serve with yogurt or sour cream
Note: use whatever herbs you like!