Recipe: Edamame Hummus
April 21, 2015 6:20 am
Makes 6 serving(s)
- 1/2 pound frozen shelled edamame (green soy beans), about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons), juiced
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Suggested serving: Sliced cucumbers, celery, and olives
- Boil the beans in salted (use pinch of salt) water for 4 to 5 minutes, or microwave, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, water, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, cumin and coriander until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix until absorbed.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Serve with the suggested vegetables, or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
- Calories: 100
- Total fat: 8g (1 g Saturated Fat)
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sodium: 87mg
- Fiber: 2g