“Curry” your family’s favor with my Eggplant Curry! This spicy dish is flavorful and packed with veggies. Great for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores! Check out my recipe below for this easy Indian-inspired dish.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onions diced
- 1 eggplants cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pounds tomatoes diced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt optional garnish
In a large pan, heat to medium-high and add oil. Add onions and eggplant and cook ~3-5 minutes. Turn down heat as necessary to avoid burning.
Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder to pan. Cook, stirring frequently, ~1 minute.
Add tomatoes and allow to simmer and thicken ~20 minutes
Season with salt, pepper, garam masala, and cilantro. Serve with yogurt.