Need a quick, delicious side dish? Look no further! My green beans with pancetta is simple, healthy, and tasty. Perfect addition to a holiday meal – or any day!
Green Beans with Pancetta
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 shallots cut in half and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sage thinly sliced
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or whatever vinegar you like
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add oil. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove to plate lined with a paper towel.
Add shallots to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add sage and cook approximately 1 minute. Remove shallots and sage, add to pancetta.
Add green beans to skillet and cook over medium-high heat, approximately 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add pancetta, shallots, and sage back to skillet and heat through, 2-3 minutes.
Turn off heat and add vinegar, toss well to combine.