Fish en papillote
January 13, 2019 7:52 pm
Looking for an easy, light, versatile dinner? My Fish en Papillote, aka Halibut baked in parchment paper, uses whatever vegetables (and fish!) that you like.
Halibut and Vegetables in Parchment Hearts
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 4-ounce halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick) - or other fish you like, such as salmon or char or cod
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper small dice
- 1/4 cup zucchini/yellow squash small dice
- 1/4 cup snow peas sliced thin
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir until blended.
Cut 2 (15 x 24-inch) pieces of parchment paper. Fold in half crosswise. Draw a large heart half on each piece, with the fold of the paper along the center of the heart. Cut out the heart, and open. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and pepper. Place one fillet near fold of each parchment heart. Top each fillet with half the vegetables and half the oil mixture. Start at the top of the heart and fold edges of parchment, sealing edges with narrow folds. Twist the end tip to secure tightly.
Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for ~15 minutes. Place on plates; cut open. Serve immediately.