Kale is proving to be more than just a fad food as more and more people are discovering its amazing health benefits. Check out my recipe for Kale with Pancetta and see how I cook my kale down with garlic, pancetta, and more to give it amazing flavor.
Kale with Pancetta
- 4 bunches Kale I like lacinto, but curly variety is fine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Juice of half lemon
- Zest of half lemon
Destem the kale and slice leaves into ½ inch strips. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add oil. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until light brown approximately 4-5 minutes.
Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
Add kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is cooked and pancetta is crisp, approximately 5 minutes.
Add lemon juice and zest, toss.