Plum Avocado Salad
July 22, 2019 12:47 am
Fruit plus Avocado is one of my favorite combinations for summer salads. In this recipe, we use fresh red plums, avocado and leafy greens, all brought together with a zesty herb dressing.
Avocado Plum Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 ripe plums diced (can peel, but I like to leave on for added fiber)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: whole wheat toast and/or baby spinach for serving
In a bowl, mix garlic, red pepper flakes, and cilantro. Add oil and mix thoroughly.
Place avocado and plums in the bowl. Add zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix gently. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with toast or on a bed of greens.