Our roasted orange avocado salad is healthy, refreshing, and best with fresh ingredients. We blend the flavors of mint, avocado, blood oranges, lemons, and more to create this one of a kind salad. Other citrus you like work well here, too – try some grapefruits or Sumo oranges!
Roast Citrus Salad
- 1 blood orange sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 lemon sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch arugula
- ½ cup mint leaves sliced thin (chiffonade)
- 1 avocado sliced into wedges
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss orange and lemon with 1 tablespoon oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred and caramelizing, ~10-15 minutes.
Place onion and lemon juice in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
Add roasted citrus to bowl with onion and add arugula and mint. Drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil and toss ingredients. Add avocado and serve.