Happy Chrismukkah everyone! This week’s holiday recipe round-up a day early! Here are my recipes for Potato Latkes and Brisket, both very easy and delicious! Enjoy
• 1-1 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes
• 1 large onion
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Vegetable or canola oil
1. Using a food processor or box grater, grate the potatoes and onion and place in a large bowl. Add eggs, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat ½ inch of oil in a large frying pan or griddle.
3. Drop ¼ cup of mix into the pan and flatten a bit. Cook ~3 minutes until golden, flip and cook other side ~3 minutes until golden.
4. Latkes can be held on a baking sheet in a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
5. Serve with applesauce or sour cream
Slow Cooker Brisket
Servings: 8-10 depending on size of brisket
• 1-2 onions, cut into rings
• 3-4 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 4 tablespoons tomato paste
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup beef broth
1. Place onions and carrots in slow cooker.
2. Slather brisket with tomato pasted and garlic. Place on top of vegetables in slow cooker and add beef broth.
3. Cook on low or medium in slow cooker for at least 10 hours. When done, slice and serve with cooked onions and carrots.